Welcome

Hi, my name is Hollis Bray, but you can call me Hank. We are studying the Book of Acts at Swartz First Baptist Church. I set up this blog as a central place for the course info as well as supplemental material.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Week

I am thankful for the nine people that attended our first meeting last Sunday. I trusting that God will guide us in this study to give Him glory. I am particularly grateful for all the helpful and kind comments. Thank you for being patient. God gets the credit for anything good that comes out of our sessions!

In our first session we learned:

  • The purpose of Acts
  • How the resurrected Christ prepared the believers for the coming of the Spirit
  • About the nature of the Kingdom of God
Sunday, September 19th we will start Acts 2. We will be looking at:

  • What happened at Pentecost?
  • What was the purpose of the speaking in tongues?
  • What is the baptism of the Spirit?
  • What is the filling of the Spirit?
  • How important is preaching in the Church?
  • "What must we do?" (to be saved)

It's not too late to join the class - I would love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment